Monday, September 21, 2009

to continue

So, after we returned from Kansas, life continued to move on. We had so much to take care of, there was far too little time to grieve.

Fortunately, mom and I had been planning a trip to Europe since the spring. Our travelling companions, Sarah and Gloria lost Doug in April and the 4 of us looked forward to healing in Rome. Dad knew our plans, so it made us feel better about going.

Leading up to the trip, I had an appointment with Dr. Steffens. We decided to take blood and not get the results until after the trip. This way, I get to be blissfully ignorant on my trip. I will call in first thing Wednesday morning and see what we have to deal with!

We left for Rome on Sept. 8. The Friday before we left, my mom asked if I had my passport, yet. Given my stressful year, I was very remiss in getting my passport renewed. I had gone to Congressman Kissell's office in August to get my passport rushed. I tracked the package and knew it had been delivered to DC, so I wasn't worried. But, on Friday, mom reminded me that Monday was Labor day and there would be NO deliveries. We were leaving on Tuesday. I started to panic. I calle the local office and they started to look into it. We called back and forth all afternoon, but after 5, I couldn't reach anyone. My mom is very meek and she shocked me by calling Larry Kissell at home. Things started happening very fast. It turned out that the local office was still working on it and I realized that a friend was in Washington working as Larry Kissell's chief of staff. It was soooo under control! The package never made it to it's destination, so they called the woman from the mailroom back to work to find it. She did and then it was driven to the state dept. and processed that night! Vote for Larry Kissell in 2010!!! He and his staff are awesome.

So, mom and I flew on Tuesday, September 8 to Chicago to meet up with Sarah and Gloria. From there we took off for Rome! We were so ready for this adventure! I'll blog about my trip when I get home!!!


Mobile Blogging from here.


No comments: