Friday, March 6, 2009

I'm still tired, but feeling less pain

Radiation is just exhausting.  It seems so easy.  Go in 5 days a week, lay on a table for 15 minutes, go home.  But getting the power of 1000 suns in both the femur and the rib is like getting the power of 2000 suns.  That's lots of radiation!  :)  I guess the radiation is doing it's job.  The pain in my leg has lessened quite considerably.  I am walking with a cane (a cane that has a horn on it :) ) and will continue to do so.  My femur is quite compromised because of the tumor and I will use the cane for safety.  

In other news, I am getting a roommate.  My friend, Amy Joiner is going to move in and live downstairs.  It's a win win.  I need help keeping up with my house and with Margot and Amy gets to live away from home for a little while.  It's going to be great!  I haven't had a roommate in a long time and generally love living alone, but I really do need the help.  And, she's a cool girl.  So, here's to fun times on Sunset Dr.

Well, I left Margot outside to get some air and she is barking like crazy.  I am going to get her and see if we can't take a nap!


Much love, 
Tara

6 comments:

Mary Lou said...

Tara,
Keep up the good work!! I am glad to hear the pain is less. As for the cane....GIVE IT BACK TO YOUR MOTHER!!!!! Just kidding...I know Sandy uses a walker with side mirrors.
Love You!!!

Unknown said...

Love, prayers and thoughts to you Tara thrilled the pain is subsiding - cane with horn - love it - maybe I have this blogging thing correct this time thanks to Sandy - Love Mary Ann (mac)

Elle said...

glad the pain is lessening, pinky & happy you're getting some help. love ya-angie

Anonymous said...

it was great to -finally- meet you, tara! i look forward to seeing you again!

-glenda

Anonymous said...

Keeping good thoughts for you!

Unknown said...

Dear Tara,

I have heard lots of stories about radiation kicking butt, so no wonder yours is dragging. I agree, however, that it always helps to have someone validate the fact that you're not just a wimp. Just remember that it's kicking some major cancer cell butts too, and they don't get to sleep. No wonder you are winning the war!

Martha