Wednesday, October 21, 2009

write write write your blog...

I think I may be the worst blogger ever! I never take the time to let everyone know what's going on. I have taken to blogging on my phone and therefore, no photos this entry!

Well, 2 weeks after I had my port placed, I was back under the knife. The port had come unattached and flippedd. They ended up sending me to radiology to have it manually flipped back (PAINFUL) and accessed there for chemo. Today marks 2 weeks since the last surgery and Dr. Moore got that thing straight! He's awesome! He even told me that if he had to, he would use baling wire. I like a sense of humor in my doctors.

So, chemo is going right along. I have lost my hair...photos soon. I have 4 fabulous new wigs, so you never know if I'll be bald or wigging out.

The pain from the chemo is being held at bay with a VERY low dose pain patch. I don't feel doped up, but I am generally able to function. I haven't driven in about a month, but that's okay. I just know my reactions aren't what they should be.

I got another tattoo. This one is in honor of my dad. Pizza Hut Pete with his signature. It looks great! I think this will be it, if everyone would just stop dying on me.

Well, I will post more later and even some pics!

With love and gratitude,
Tara

5 comments:

Aninda said...

LOVE to you. Sounds like you are hanging in there. But wish I could be there with you. Sorry to hear the port was jacked but happy its working out now. Can't wait to see you in DEC. LOVE! awv

Unknown said...

hey Tara and Aninda! Can't believe your port was twisted... effer! Also, you are a MUCH better blogger than I... I like your blogging style, too btw.

HeatherCohen said...

As always, we love you! I'm looking forward to seeing you in in a few weeks. Your posse, Heather, Donna, Steve, Nan, Doogie & Danny Boy

Holly Jenkins said...

hey tara, aninda and kat! sorry to hear things got a little messed up there, t. looks like you're taking it all in stride. much love to you tara....an aninda and kat too, i guess. i'll see you soon!

Tara said...

Thanks to each of you for the love! I am counting the days until my bald little pea head sees you all!