Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Third Time's A Charm

Well, friends, here we go again.
It has been 5 short years since I last blogged, but I am once again starting on my journey to healing.  I have been diagnosed with breast cancer for a third time.  This time it is in my right femur.  This stuff really likes my bones.  I have had, in the past 2 weeks, an MRI, a bone scan, a PET scan and a CT guided biopsy.  It appears to also be in my ribs, but we can't tell for sure because it isn't lighting up on the PET scan and it is dangerous to do a biopsy that close to the lungs.

Because there is not a lot of blood flow to the bones, radiation is my best option right now.  They are also researching clinical trials.  I have an appointment next week with the radiation oncologist and at that point I will know exactly where we start with all of this.

It's pretty scary.  When I asked the doctor what it all means for me, he said, "Five to Ten Years."  That seems pretty unacceptable to me, so it's time to fight once again.

The blog is the best way for me to get information out to everyone.  I love all of you so much and wish that I had the energy to speak with each of you personally about this, but I don't.  So, please accept my apologies for the informal manner of relaying information.

I will post again soon, when I know something!

Love,
Tara

14 comments:

iTinGraphix said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers Tara.

Unknown said...

yo girl... we love you and love you more... I'll bring sticky rice.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there girl, you know I got your back!

Trish said...

I'm only a driveway away...

DGB said...

So glad to hear you have your fightin' gloves on. And I want to be in that ring with you, too...to help in ANY way. I have cried and prayed a lot this week, but I believe in God and in you and know that if anyone -- and I mean ANYONE -- can beat this, it's you, TEE. I love you dearly. EETB

kelly. said...

im thinkin about ya lady!

Dad said...

I'm praying, Baby!

CameronsNanny said...

Together we WILL do it!!!

TRACE said...

I LOVE YOUR ATTITUDE! STAY STRONG!!

HeatherCohen said...

We love you! Only a phone call away; wish we could be there with you, in person.

Unknown said...

LOVE YOU, TARA!

ANGIE & THE REST OF THE REID GANG

Unknown said...

Dear Tara,

It took me a while to get an account (remember I am in that "older" generation, but I persisted since I wanted to make sure I helped in the kicking campaign. I have seen you in action before, so I know you can do this again. As for me, I will be cheering you on from the Omaha sidelines. You go, transplant buddy. You can do this!

Martha

Disco Ali*D said...

Kick Cancer's ass and take names girl! You can do it!

Heather said...

I love you Tara "Dawn"! I know that is not your real middle name, but I've said it so much I can't remember the real one. I am here if you need anything! You will beat this afterall, you have Kate in you and you know what she did to cancer.....kicked ass! Love you! Shane, Heather, Taylor, Madison and Jace